The Peace Weavers program offers a traditional day-camp experience with weekly field trips to museums, parks, theaters, and other venues for fun learning for children age 3 ½ to 6-years-old.
A typical Peace Weaver day is packed with outdoor playtime, songs and sharing, circle time with stories, water play, field trips (COVID-19 permitting), and materials to build and create within the classroom. Past field trip destinations have included the US Botanical Garden, the National Zoo and Smithsonian Museums, Clemyjontri Park, Rock Creek Park and Planetarium, and local organic farms. All campers enjoy a packed lunch together outside as a group each day.
Both half-day (9:00 am - 1:00 pm) and full-day (9:00 am - 3:00 pm) options are available, with opportunities for before and after care for campers needing extended hours.
- Week 1: June 17 - 21, No Camp on June 19
- Week 2: June 24 - 28
- Week 3: July 1 - 5, No Camp on July 4
- Week 4: July 8 - 12
- Week 5: July 15 - 19
- Week 6: July 22 - 26
Summer Program Cost (Full-Day, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm)
- All Sessions: June 17 - July 26 - $2,700 (Savings of $100!)
- Session 1: June 17-28 - $900
- Session 2: July 1-12 - $900
- Session 3: July 15-26 - $1000
- Single Week: $500
- Weeks 1 & 3: $400 (Discounts due to holidays on June 19th and July 4th)
Summer Program Cost (Half-Day, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm))
- All Sessions: June 17 - July 26 - $2,140 (Savings of $100!)
- Session 1: June 17-28 - $720
- Session 2: July 1-12 - $720
- Session 3: July 15-26 - $800
- Single Week: $400
- Weeks 1 & 3: $360 (Discounts due to holidays on June 19th and July 4th)
Extended Care Cost
Before Care: 8:00- 8:30 a.m.
- Drop-In (Per Day): $10
- Per Week: $50
- Per Session: $90
After Care 3:00- 6:00 p.m.
- Drop-In (Per Half-Hour): $12
- Per Week: $150
- Per Session: $275
Final Payment Deadline: Please be sure to complete payment by May 1, 2023.
Age Range: Your camper must be 3 ½ years old by the start of their camp session or week. This means that if your child is turning 3 years and 6 months in mid-July, then that child may enroll and start in Peace Weavers on the Monday of the week immediately following the 6-month mark.
Children up to 6 ½ years-old and entering 1st grade in the fall may also participate in Peace Weavers. Rising first graders are also welcome to enroll in Earth Keepers.
Bathroom Independence: Campers must be bathroom independent in order to participate with Peace Weavers. We define bathroom independence as the child being able to identify his or her own needs, and taking and completing actions independently (e.g. wiping, flushing, washing hands).
If you have any questions or require further clarification, please contact Summer Camp Director, Karen Donovan.