The Oneness-Family School in Chevy Chase, Maryland, seeks a toddler extended day assistant to carry out the School's mission of peace education within our 2-3-year-old program. This is a part-time 3:00 - 6:00 pm job working alongside the Lead Aftercare teacher to ensure the safety and education of our young students aged 2-3.
The salary is $18 per hour, and we would like the person to enroll in 90 hours of an early childhood learning class, for which we will pay the fee. If hired and all required documents in order, the individual may begin right away.
Qualities and Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- Childcare or teaching experience in a fast-paced professional setting where children come first (school, camp, summer pool, church, etc.)
- Experience with children and/or families
- Excellent interpersonal skills - makes positive connections with people easily and naturally
- Calm and approachable; not easily irritated or frustrated
- Communicates well orally and in writing, Fluent in English
- Discreet and trustworthy - must be able to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner and also communicate effectively when sensitive information must be shared for the good of the individual or community; shares information appropriately
- Time management
- Kind and generous team player
Please send a cover letter, three professional references, and a resumé indicating your interest and experience to email@example.com. When submitting your resume and cover letter, please put "Part-Time Toddler Aftercare Assistant" in the subject line of your e-mail. We ask all qualified candidates to refrain from phone calls to the main school office. All inquiries must be made via email.
Job Type: Part-Time (3:00 pm - 6:00 pm), In-Person
Hours Per Week: 15
COVID-19 Considerations: All staff and faculty members are required to be fully vaccinated. The school has installed air filters in all classrooms, daily cleaning and sanitation protocols, and PPE.