Oneness-Family School in Chevy Chase, Maryland, is looking to hire an experienced teacher for our 4th and 5th-grade class. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of teaching with this age group and/or experience teaching in a Montessori classroom, a contagious love of learning, and leadership qualities that are evident in and out of the classroom,
Successful candidates will have the following:
- B.A. or B.S. in a related field (Education, Psychology, Subject Matter such as Math, Science, History, etc.) and five years of experience teaching.
- The ability to learn new skills quickly and to adapt easily to suit the needs of the student, environment, or situation.
- The attitude of a team player.
- Experience in a diverse and international environment and a positive connection to the vision and mission of the school.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate the following qualities:
- Ability to build positive connections with students
- Highly organized, including the ability to develop systems, processes, and curriculum components when there is a need for a change
- Kind, caring, and peaceful nature
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to and work with a wide variety of people and audiences (other teachers, students, parents, prospective families, etc.).
Please send a cover letter AND resume indicating your interest and experience. When submitting your resume and cover letter, please put the position title in the subject line of your e-mail. We ask all qualified candidates to refrain from phone calls to the main school office. All inquiries must be made via email.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter AND resume indicating your interest and experience. When submitting your resume and cover letter, please put 4th-5th Grade Teacher in the subject line of your email.
Minimum Education Required
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
Work Location: In person